Preparation time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Suggestion: Serve with extra sauce. Breads and brioches also match perfectly.
- 1 duck “magret” – duck breast with skin (about 1 Lb.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons PERFEITO NO.4BUY NOW - PERFEITO NO.4
- 1/2 cup of port wine
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 Lb. of berries (blackberry, raspberry, blueberry and strawberry)
- 1 onion
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Cut the duck skin into a grid of shallow slits. Season with the PERFEITO NO.4 seasoning, rubbing both sides well.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet and brown the duck breast, first fat side down (this step will melt the fat needed for the rest of the preparation), then the opposite side. Keep the heat on high to get a crispy crust, but with a moist inside. The sweet spot is when the meat is still a deep red color.
- Remove the meat from the skillet, keeping the fat (if you prefer, discard the excess). Brown the onion in the duck fat, add the thyme.
- Add the red fruits, port wine and honey. Return to heat to reduce and cook the fruit. Cook over low heat until the fruit is tender but not falling apart completely – about 5 minutes.
- Cut the meat into thin slices. It is important that the meat rests for a few minutes after leaving the skillet, before being cut, so that the juices are reabsorbed, ensuring juiciness and tenderness.
- Serve the fruit sauce in the center of the plate and gently place the duck slices over the fruit. Decorate with thyme sprigs.