Preparation time: 25 min
Cook time: 10 min
Suggestion: Goes well with barbecue sauce, hollandaise sauce or béarnaise sauce.
- 2-inch-thick boneless ribeye steak (about 10 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons of PERFEITO NO.1 BUY NOW - PERFEITO NO.1
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Avocado oil
- Sprinkle PERFEITO NO.1 over meat, on both sides and set aside.
- Make shallow slits in the eggplant pulp, forming lozenges, and season it with salt.
- Cut the zucchini in half and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a skillet (or thick-bottomed pan), grease with a drizzle of oil and add the meat. Place the zucchini and eggplant halves, cut side down.
- When turning the meat and vegetables, place half the butter in the pan and the rest on the browned meat crust. Add the crushed garlic cloves and the thyme sprigs, letting them brown in the butter. For medium rare, sear for ~ 3 minutes on each side. If you prefer another point, adjust the times up or down. Let the meat rest outside the pan for 5 minutes before cutting to reabsorb liquid and maintain juiciness.