Preparation time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
Suggestion: The cakes can be frozen, molded and floured and can go frozen in the oil for frying.
6 servings, about 24 pieces
- 5 Lbs. salted cod
- 1 Lb. potato
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon PERFEITO NO.3 BUY NOW - PERFEITO NO.3
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Fl oz of virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of oil (soy, sunflower, corn or canola)
Ingredients for Citrus Mayonnaise:
- 7 oz of mayonnaise
- 6 Fl oz of lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Place the cod in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, discard the water and repeat the operation until the salt content is pleasant to the taste – between 3 and 6 boils, depending on the fish. Shred the cod with your hands or with the help of cutlery, discarding any bones.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sauté in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, until golden, without browning. Cook the potatoes in their skins until you can stick a fork without difficulty. Drain, peel and mash to form a firm puree.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the shredded cod, the parsley, the sautéed onion and garlic, PERFEITO NO.3 and the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Using two spoons, form cakes “quenelles” with the cod dough and dip each ball in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the virgin olive oil and the chosen oil until it reaches 350ºF. Deep-fry the cakes until golden on top.
- For the sauce, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and zest.